Super Cub Motor Mount for a Turnigy SK3-3536
The Custom RC Parts designed motor mount for the Super Cub allows you to install a Turnigy SK3-3536 on your plane. Many other motors fit this mount as well.
16mm X 25mm slots for 3mm fasteners.
11mm clearance hole.
Designed for motors with an operating length "F" of 41mm.
Hobbyzone Super Cub
Hobbyzone Super Cub LP
Parkzone Focke Wulf 190 (requires new spinner)
If the Turnigy 3536C, SK3-3536 or the Rimfire 3536 is used with this mount a modification to the cowl is required. Please see the installation instructions under resources.
1. Install the motor mount using the 4, M3-.5 X 6 fasteners. Screw the fasteners in until they contact the motor mount then back them out a quarter turn. Ensure that the collar on the motor is centered in the clearance hole in the motor mount. Now tighten the fasteners. Once the motor is secured to the mount, spin the motor to make sure that there are no interferences. It’s a good idea to use a little Loctite on the threads.
2. Install the motor and mount on the plane using the #4 X 1/2” and #4 X 5/8” fasteners. Looking at the front of your plane, the 1/2” long fasteners go in the left side (the thin side of the mount) and the 5/8” long fasteners go on the right (the thick side of the mount). I like how the fasteners have more engagement than the stock fasteners, but you can reuse the stock fasteners if you like.
CAUTION: You are installing fasteners into plastic. Do not over tighten the fasteners.
3. Route the wires through the firewall.
4. You need to open up the prop shaft clearance hole in the cowl to allow enough clearance for the prop shaft.
5. Install the cowl and check for interferences.
6. Install the prop adapter and prop and you are all set!
7. As with any change to your plane, before flying ensure that the center of gravity is correct!